When you have paneling covering a wall, there are a number of options for repairing the surface that is left over. Let me cover each and go into detail about the pluses and minuses.

  1. Remove Paneling and wall surface to the studs – new drywall
  2. Paint Paneling
  3. Fill grooves and paint paneling
  4. Remove Paneling – Skim coat with joint compound – Paint

The results and comments of the above 4 methods to deal with paneling are complete. Read all about our experience in addressing paneled walls by clicking the link below: