A fire can happen to anyone. We all think that it isn’t possible that we will be a victim, but it could happen to you. There are many types of fires and many causes. Faulty wiring, a faulty product, a space heater left on, or… kids.
Just the other day there was a fire in a neighborhood close to my own. This fire was caused by teenagers playing with a lighter in a bedroom. Think back to when you were a teenager. You probably played with matches and lighters now and again. I know that I did. Heck, I almost burned our house down lighting tissue paper in my bedroom when I was about 8 years old. It makes sense to discuss fire safety with our kids.
I just had a discussion with my son about the dangers of playing with matches or lighters. They will probably do so when they are older and I let him know that I understood that. We discussed it and covered some of the safety issues associated with playing with fire.
Here are a couple of fire safety resource sites: