This post is a bit off topic, but if the people behind these ‘inventions’ can accomplish these goals, the world’s poor could have clean drinking water and electricity. The Segway creator’s next entrepreneurial spin – Feb. 16, 2006
The idea of a water filtration system is interesting. You have got to think that clean water would be a must for the third world countries. Much of the disease that they experience is borne from the water that they drink. Imagine if 25% of the illnesses that are experienced are wiped out because water filtration is possible.
Water and electricity to the third world could mean:
- Well being of global population.
- Reduced spread of disease and death.
- Productivity in parts of the world where it hasn’t been possible.
- Low cost labor force for the industrial nations (much like China and Taiwan today.)
- Population explosion.
- Exploitation of workers, including child labor.
- The dreaded “unanticipated consequences’.
Keep in mind, there are always unintended consequences with dramatic change. Sometimes good, sometimes bad.